HiS pEoPlE

Saturday, October 25, 2008

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God's] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
1 Peter 2:9
What [other] one nation on earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be a people for Himself and to make for Himself a name? You have done great and terrible things for Yourself and for Your land, before Your people, whom You redeemed and delivered for Yourself from Egypt, from the nations and their gods.
2 Samuel 7:23
As I read the two verses above this evening, I was gripped with such a feeling of awe and wonder. I am to God, today, every bit as chosen, redeemed, delievered, purchased, designed, dedicated and called as Israel was in the Old Covenant. The revelation however, wasn't just that.
The portion in the scritures above that stood out to me the most was this; God's 'awesomeness', magnificence, wonder, power and omnipotence are all set on display just for ME. God's got His best lined up just for me. Everything that He is and everything that He owns, He showcases for me to see, experience and indulge in.
Israel sat on the sidelines and watched the magnificent displays of God's power and majesty. The best they were given were courtside seats. I'm called to play in the game. He doesn't just call me to watch behind the scenes, He's offering me a chance to be able to display the same magnificence, wonder, power and 'awesomeness' that He displays.
I am to God, today, so much more than Israel could be to God in the Old Covenant. I can display the virtues and perfections of him who called me because I am who He made me to be. I am HiS pEoPlE
HiS pErSoN,
BeN

0 comments: