IsAaC pRoSpErEd & So WiLl I

Monday, November 3, 2008

Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the LORD blessed him. The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy. He had so many flocks and herds and servants that the Philistines envied him.
Genesis 26:12 - 14
Isaac prospered in famine! WooHoo! I receive that for myself in Jesus' name. Verse 1 of chapter 26 says that there was a famine in the land. I looked it up and famine occurs when the population outgrows it's regional carrying capacity. The carrying capacity may be diminished due to various reasons (Drought & other natural calamities, war, ect). So, while the size of the population keeps increasing, the supply of their demands run short. Isaac, living in the Middle East, would have probable been faced with a scenario of diminished regional capacity due to drought.
I am gearing up to start my own business. Everyone around me seems to think that 2008/2009 is going to see us through a rough time, financially and economically, probably the worst we've seen ever. In a nutshell, naturally and logically, I couldn't have picked a worse time to spread my wings and venture out on my own in the business arena.
While I do appreciate, very much indeed, these words of caution offered by many around me, I have made it my standard and outlook in life to not consult my circumstances on decisions that I make. The Word of God and the leading of the Spirit are my final sources of authority and despite what can sometime seem to people as a foolish move forward, I'm choosing to trust in the Lord with all my heart and to not lean on my own understanding. He has made my paths straight and I'm gearing up to tread forward with my head held high and collect spoils of war that Christ has won on behalf of me.
I'm putting myself out there. I'm choosing to not play it 'safe'. I'm choosing to get out of my comfort zone. I'm choosing to trust God. Senseless obedience brings senseless blessings. I'm blessed to be a blessing. If God be for me, none can be against me. Doors that God has opened, no man can close. He is the captain of my ship, the God over my circumstances, the answer to my questions and the Lord of my life. I'm being accountable to keep my eyes on the goal and to keep marching forward. I'm being accountable to trust in Him and to follow His leading. He'll never lead me astray and I'll never be sorry I followed.
Isaac prospered in the time of famine and so will I. Isaac built the largest part of his fortune in a time of financial, economical and social degradation and devastation. He planted when others conserved. He sowed when others saved. He dug when others filled in. He expanded when others downsized. All nations will look at me and call me blessed because of everything the Lord has done for me. Isaac prospered, and SO WILL I.
Highly favored of Him,
Ben

1 comments:

Edgar and Pamela November 3, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

Ben, great message! You've already stated these things, in your blog, here are the references: "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly nor sits in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season whose leaf also will not wither AND WHATEVER HE DOES SHALL PROSPER." Ps 1:1-3

And, "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green; and WILL NOT BE ANXIOUS IN THE YEAR OF DROUGHT, nor will cease from yielding fruit." Jer 17:7-8

And what about, "The Lord will guide you continually, AND SATISFY YOUR SOUL IN DROUGHT and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." Is 58:11

YES!!!!