iT's My B'dAy!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's my B'day!


8 years ago, this day, Nov 5th, I gave my life to Jesus. It is by far, the best decision I've made and most certainly the most important one that has contributed solely and exclusively into the process of making me who I am today. I was born into a Christian family, raised in a christian church and community, and tought good christian values. I knew almost everything there was to know about God, but I never knew Him. God and I were seperate entities, programmed to live seperate lives and destined to meet someday in eternity. The idea of spending eternity with someone I hardly knew blew me away. All that drastically changed the Sunday morning of November the 5th, 2000.
'God's Light Exposes The Heart's True Condition' - that was the theme for the week. Pastor Sandra Ee was scheduled to preach and she did a great job at reminding us that nothing was hidden from God. Everything is laid bare in His presence. He sees me just as I am. Toubled, broken, torn, hurt, sinful and weak. It was honestly and potentially, the most depressing and condemning sermon I had ever heard until then had it not been for her big finish. "God's light esposes the heart's true condition and God loves you just the way you are," she said.
That struck a chord within me. For years, I had gone through life from one failed relationship to another, continuously seeking for approval from all the wrong places and people, trying to fit in, struggling to find someone who knew and understood me. My life was a pile of ashes and the few feeble pieces left standing were being engulfed fast by the flames of hurt, anger and misery. All I ever truly wanted was for somebody to look at me and see me, and I had found Him.
It was love at first sight. I fell head over heels for God that day. I was so blown away by His indescribable, unfailing, eternal love that's beyond comprehension. I knew what it was to be loved and to be able to love. He sought me out. He found me. He encircled me. He guarded me as the apple of His eye.
Many around me deemed my new found love for God a temporal teenage phase, an excitement that would eventually give way to the harsh dampening realities of life. It's been 8 years now and I am more excited about God today than I ever was in my entire life. God is more real to me than anything or anyone else. He is faithful and He will never let me go. I'm carried in everlasting arms.
That day, I pledged to go where He sent me, to do what He commissioned me to do and to demonstrate His glory to the world and I'm being accountable today to keep to my word. The offer still stands and I know He isn't just able but also willing to keep me to my word and to see me through from glory to glory.


8 Y.O.,
Ben

2 comments:

lynn-w November 7, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

happy birthday!!!

God is so amazing!
He's the best!

=)

Michelle February 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

Hey kiddo! Happy Birthday again! he he.. yea this is a really outdated comment but anyways... What God has done and is continuing to do in your life just never stops to amaze me... You're a tremendous blessing!!! Hugs