You Are Favored For Life

Saturday, March 7, 2009

“…..His favor is for life”
Psalm 30:5

Do you have a problem believing that you are highly favored when you see the things around you working well for you? I believe you will say “No”.

Let me then ask you, are you still highly favored when situation around you seems to be against you? When the effort you have put in does not seem to correspond with the result you received. Sometimes you might be wondering whether you are qualified for the favor of God, when situation around you seems to be against you.

My friend, the goodness of God is no longer being given to us based on our good works, but through the finished work of Christ on the cross. In Psalms, it says “His favor is for life”. God himself gives us the assurance that He is not against us but He is for us (Romans 8:31). If you are going through a tough time in your life now where things doesn’t go well, it doesn’t define His favor on you, for situations can change but His truth will never change.  

Stand on the word of God, saying “All things work for good….” Romans 8:28. God is able to turn the troubles or problems you are in now to work in your favor. He will make it become your benefit. All you need to do is to believe His word and stand still. 

There was a time when my studies were not going well. Out of 12 classes, I failed 4 of my classes. I had to rework all the classes that I failed. It seems like I was not favored, I believed on the verse Romans 8:28. During the final exam, my faith had born its fruit, the teacher favored me and I passed with flying colors. God made it worked for my benefit. God could turn your situation upside down to make sure you are at the place of receiving His goodness and blessings. 

Beloved, now is the time of favor, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2 -NIV) In the day of favor, He heard us, and in the day of salvation He helped us. Be encouraged my friend, knowing that His favor for us is for life. Expect good thing to happen in your life today!  

0 comments: