Thursday, September 11, 2008

No More In Lack!

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want” Psalm 23:1


The word “LACKING” has been haunting me for quite some time. The feeling of lack started to manifest as I turned my eyes away from my God, who is FULL of all good things. When I focused on my abilities in my ministry, my studies and my finance, fear overshadowed my trust in Him. I felt lost, uncertain, faithless, and overwhelmed. I felt worse when my eyes were opened to my weaknesses; it feels hopeless, and alone. The only thing that keeps me going, knowing that I have entrusted my everything to Him. Just as when I felt “knocked down” and heavy burdened, God Himself encouraged me with His word, from Psalm 23.

His word hit me when the verse “I shall not be in want” come across my eyes. In another word, David meant that He DOES NOT KNOW LACK. The word LACK is just not present in his dictionary. God is making a covenant with me that He want to be MY SHEPERD, He want to be MY PROVIDER, MY SPONSOR for my whole life, putting me in a place that the word “LACKING” doesn’t tremble me for I know that He is my shepherd. When I turn my eyes to Jesus, I found myself in such a place that lack doesn’t apply. My life is full of Him. He is my peace, my strength, my love, my refuge, my comfort, my provider, in short HE IS MY EVERTHING.

Start seeing Him as they way He is TODAY. He is faithful and He will never forsake you nor leave you. That is just His nature. He can’t help it but to love and care for you always, cause nothing at all can separate you from His LOVE.

“Prayer is not a substitute for work, thinking, watching, suffering, or giving; prayer is a support for all other effort”

George Buttrick


0 comments: