PERFECT SENSE!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I came to the realization, just a few months ago, as i was battling God's plan and call for my life that the only place in life where the call of God for your life makes PERFECT SENSE is in His presence. Every where else, the phrase 'UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE' would seem like a major understatement. God's mandate for my life seemed almost preposterous. It seemed too BIG. too HARD. too CRAZY, too RIDICULOUS, too.... IMPOSSIBLE! 

Time again I found myself bowing to the thoughts and notions and taunting of fear, insecurity, inferiority,  and doubt. Every time I considered the idea of taking God up on His offer, I was crippled by the overwhelming and gut wrenching feeling of timidity and fear of the many uncertainties of life. 
 Finally, one worship service this last July, as I was leading the church in an experience of intimate worship, like none other that I've experienced before, it dawned on me that in His presence, I was suddenly no afraid. there was a sense of PERFECTION and SOLITUDE there as I knelt in awesome wonder of my King. His plans for my life no longer overwhelmed, or intimidated or imposed itself on me. I saw the Father's heart for what it was. 
He calls because He loves. He loves because HE IS LOVE! He has never once given me reason to doubt His faithfulness. He has never once failed me. He has never once let me go. I wept as I realized that God equips you for the call, and that He is my past, my present and my future. He is already in His call for my life. All I needed to do was to walk right up to Him. I smiled, stood tall and thanked Him for being just HIM
So today, whenever I doubt or get overwhelmed, I rush back into His presence and life makes sense once again. His presence is so very sweet and calming that everything makes PERFECT SENSE!

Intoxicated by His love,
             Ben
 

2 comments:

lynn-w September 5, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

thank you ben, for this testimony!

Michelle September 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

I completely agree! That was the exact feeling i told you and Nic about being completely found in Him where nothing else matters, even if ur lost, u find ur identity in HIm, u find your emotions, ur thoughts, ur EVERYTHING in Him, then you don't feel so lost anymore. I know i didn't after that revelation came to me! Awesome...